Tuesday 29 September 2009

Well, Charlie's gone back to Swansea - she started Uni yesterday. The house is very quiet and very empty! I'm moving house in about three weeks so there are half packed boxes everywhere. It makes it difficult to get out walking but I'll catch up with the training as soon as the moving is over. I'm very excited about the new house - it'll be so snug and warm, unlike my present home which has wonderful views across the sea and to the mountains, but is bitterly cold with a constant breeze blowing through it.
Charlie will be talking to her tutors now she's back to decide what to do for the best with regard to her course. She wants to be involved with the walk and to be honest it will be very difficult to do it without her - trying to organise support vehicle drivers for 99 days would be nigh on impossible. It now looks certain that the walk will start in March, finishing early/mid June, then we can book appointments for the Chiari Institute in July. That way, even with quite prolonged treatment, Charlie will be b ack to resume her degree at the end of September. I may have mentioned that in my last blog, but it wasn't as certain then. The boots and socks are still as comfy as ever. I still can't believe that a new pair of boots could be so comfy so quckly - not even a slightly red patch after the first wearing and now I can wear them all day and forget I have anything on my feet. I'm going to get some more socks when I've saved up enough, but I can't decide whether to go for a different colour since red seems to work so well.
Got to go pack another box, there's still a scarily huge amount still to do.
Back soon, Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment