Wednesday 14 April 2010

Cape Cornwall

Hello again,
It wasn't Sennen Cove - that's tomorrow. It was Cape Cornwall which missed out by inches on being Land's End! It was an amazing walk. I took loads of photos of the old mine buildings at Geevor Mine, which only stopped operating in 1990, then I arrived at Levant Mine with it's steam engine still in situ and working (except that today it was broken) and then I got to Botallack with its famous Crowns engine houses right down by the water's edge. It was quite an easy path in a way because it's walked so often that most of it is wide and well maintained. Charlie was waiting when I got to Cape Cornwall - she remembers fishing for crabs there with AJ and its one of my favourite pictures I have in my rogues gallery.
Hope nobody got offended by yesterdays blog but if people keep pushing my buttons one of them will make a noise.
On that subject, if anyone knows of a legal eagle who'd take on the might of the NHS for Charlie then start buttering them up now so they're well sweetened by the time we get home. Think I just mixed my metaphores but who cares, I don't, I'm a bit bone weary at the moment.
Going to check my email now before this internet session (at Penzance library) finishes.
Toodle-oo,
Love, Susan x

No comments:

Post a Comment