Wednesday 28 April 2010

Hello chaps and chapesses,

staying in a great campsite now called Tregarton Park. Its just a couple of miles from The Lost Gardens of Heligan and also very near to Mevagissey. Trouble is the walking is a bit hard at the moment and there's no energy left for exploring. Managed to stay awake long enough to eat sausage and chips on the harbour earlier but been vegetating ever since.
Today was 7.5 miles of strenuous walking - and it really was cos it was also very hot! walked from Portscatho to Portloe and only went wrong once; the book said that the path reaches the hotel but goes round the back not thru the tennis court. I went round the back of the tennis court but the book meant to go round the back of the hotel! Felt a bit odd walking past people sitting outside on their balconies and then arrived at the terrace where well dressed folk were enjoying a glass of Pimms overlooking the bay. I sort of did a bit of a 'jolly hockeysticks' hoho and said that now I knew I was lost and I was directed to the path to the beach, only it ended suddenly with nowhere to go and I couldn't bluff my way past the terrace again so I climbed the fence, throwing my rucksack and Milo over first!!!
Well, my campbed is calling. It's getting quite comfortable now so I think I've changed shape to fit it. I caught sight of myself in a shop window the other day and I definitely seem to have a bit of a 'rucksack stoop'. Hey ho, I'm sure I'll straighten out again when I stop.#
Just one more thing - had an idea for next year. I really want to do something for the young carers on Anglesey but don't think I could do another walk. Then had a great idea; we're an island so how about a whole bunch of us paddle kayaks right around the island? Anyway, think on it and we,ll discuss it when I return.
Byr for now,
Love, Susan x

No comments:

Post a Comment