Monday 12 April 2010

Past St Ives and on the way to Land's End!

Hi everyone,
Sorry I haven't blogged for a few days - been a bit hectic what with one thing and another and walking as well.
Where to start? Lets start with today and work back! Today i walked from St Ives to Zennor - the guide book says the footpath is severe but Roz and I did some other bits labelled severe. Hmm... now I know what severe really means. In fact my language at one point was quite colourful about what I would do to the person who called a boulder field a footpath and hadn't anybody heard of the Trades descriptions act? etc etc. So yes, today was a real test and at this moment, stretched out in Gertie I hurt in places I didn't know I had. The new knee, ankle and wrist braces are working well, but now I'm wondering if a too-small wetsuit might be good for holding the whole body together for the rest of the path.
Seriously, I am very tired and I do hurt a lot but I wouldn't be anywhere else at the moment for all the tea in China.
Charlie and I just had sausage and chips parked on the harbour in St Ives and it was great.
So, back to the previous few days. Matt came to join us on thursday and walked a couple of days with Roz and I. Godrevy Point was reached first and what a wonderful surprise to sea a beach full of seals! Roz and Matt pushed Charlie and her chair up to the cliff edge so she could see them for herself and she loved it. To see something of what we had been seeing was brilliant for her because, however many photos we take, its still not the same as seeing first-hand.
We moved campsites on Friday, to Polmanter, just outside St Ives - great site, 5 star and justly so. Charlie's facilities are brilliant and those for us ordinary folk are really good too.
Matt was due to return on Sunday and Roz had to return with him for family reasons. She was sorry to leave us but I'm sure she got her priorities right. It was strange walking without her and the morning routine is different but I'll get used to it. The porridge was a bit thick cos I didn't judge the quantities right for one!
It's Zennor to Portheras Cove tomorrow and I confess I haven't looked at the map cos if it's going to be like today and I know about it, then I'll just bury myself deeper into my sleeping bag in the morning. If anyone feels like a couple of days off and an invigorating walk, I can always use the company (and the gentle shove to keep going), and I also need help with Charlie in the evenings cos she is developing into a dreadful cheat with the playing cards!!!
Think thats about it for now, moving house again tomorrow but not very far as we're walking right around Penwith for the next few days so never far from about here really.
Time for a game of rummy,
Bye for now,
Love, Susan x
PS Went to Fat Willy's Surf Shack and bought a cute little surfer-dude tee shirt for Harley - aaah

No comments:

Post a Comment